Looking for a Social Media Manager
We are looking for a part-time Social Media Manager to drive and execute a multi-platform social media strategy for Bob Cooney, author, speaker and mentor for the virtual reality industry.
Is this you? Are you looking for a job with flexibility and freedom?
Bob is a 7X entrepreneur and a former Inc. 500 CEO. He is the leading voice in the location-based virtual reality industry, and is expanding his audience to cover all things VR. Bob is passionate about helping entrepreneurs build their businesses and the lives of their dreams. He is a nomad who has travelled over a million miles in the last 4 years. He’s spoken on 5 continents, has written a book, is working on two more, and mentors some of the most creative, successful entrepreneurs in the virtual reality business.
If you are CREATIVE, ORGANIZED and SELF-SUFFICIENT, with a passion for all things social media, we want to get to know you. If you are passionate about staying up-to-date on popular platforms and have experience with current features and content types, you might be the ideal candidate. A strong background in copywriting and idea generation is a must.
- Contribute to the development of a global social strategy across multiple platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tic Toc, Snapchat, WordPress and whatever else blows up next.
- Create and manage execution plans to deliver on the strategy.
- Select content management tools and platforms, and integrate them into our workflow.
- Program, post, & document content via an editorial calendar.
- Supply copy and hashtag recommendations for all posts
- Monitor for comments and DM’s and coordinate responses with Bob and the team.
- Project manage & flag creative for review
- Extend social presence beyond the platform for blog posts, conferences, speaking engagements, etc.
- Maintain and organized asset repository
- Contribute to monthly creative/calendar brainstorm
- Maintain accounts, profiles & links
- Maintain social specs doc & communicate to the creative team
- Explore, test, and identify new platform/content opportunities
- Own social operations pipeline (evolving documentation, tools, and processes)
- Identify ways to develop Bob’s social presence and capture/create fresh content
- Identify and leverage digital influencers to help amplify messaging and build audience
- Conduct outreach to digital influencers around speaking events, book launch, industry events
- Identify opportunities for Bob to extend his social reach and build his email list
- Minimum 3 years social media marketing experience with significant exposure to and/or responsibility for marketing of speakers, authors and thought leaders.
- Must be independent, self-starter and highly organized. You should live with a to-do list and a calendar and get shit done.
- Clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of VR and emerging tech will be helpful.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and be very flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in digital performance-based marketing preferred
- Deep understanding of all major platforms; including posting best practices, targeting, SEO/SEM principles, and analytics tools
- Basic photo and video editing skills with a strong visual eye with regard to the creation and curation of graphics, photography, and video for social
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and lead initiatives with high attention to detail
We expect this to be a part-time arrangement of 10-20 hours per week to begin, with the opportunity to grow over time. As Bob’s practice grows, this role could expand to become a full-time opportunity with the freedom and flexibility to work and live wherever you want.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Questions? Or want to apply? Click here